Thursday, October 11, 2007

I am sad now....Ruger, poor ruger...


Well, my day sucks so far. I did manage to get some video up on to you tube. But, then I took Ruger to the good vet in Many. Yup, he is gonna have to have his eye removed. The abscess basically killed the eye and he has a huge puss pocket under the eye socket. They will have 4 team vet surgery on him in about an hour. He had such purdy eyes...now he will only have one. Poor baby. The vet says best case scenario is that they take the eye out, find the mysterious cause of the abscess, put in a drain/flush tube and he stays on antibiotics for a month and then will be fine. Worst case is they remove the eye, have to open his face up too, have multiple drains, antibiotics, flush multiple times a day, heal up and the abscess comes back....

2 comments:

~The South Dakota Cowgirl~ said...

OMG! How depressing! I'm sorry!

Rachael said...

:( He is gonna have to have another surgery next week. He looks so sad. I had to leave him at the clinic tonight cause they are worried about him bleeding out. I am so totally upset about the whole thing :(