Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Love and Loss...

I love all of my friends! I love to help, give you guys a shoulder to cry on, offer advice etc...So, for those of you out there that cry on my shoulder, this is just an observation!!! I love ya and will always be there for ya!!!
With that said, I will now say something that might or might not hit home. It seems to me that divorce is on the same category as breaking up with a high school buyfriend. This fact is really starting to eat at me. You see, Jeff and I dated for 7 years before getting engaged. We married one month shy of our 8 year anniversary. I love him and I vowed to LOVE him until the day I die. BUT, I made damn sure that this was the case before walking down the isle. We dated for a LONG time, yes. But, we both needed that, no matter how much I complained, we needed that. We needed to make sure that we were making the right decision. We lived together for a year before getting married. So, we also had an idea of how we would get along in the same household. Our love stayed strong, grew and bloomed. So, we made the plunge.
For all of my young un-wed friends, PLEASE make sure that He is the ONE before tying the knot!!! It makes me so sad to hear my friends and family who are close to the edge due to their marriage. My advice is not certified, it is not always right and it is my opinion. All I can offer you is support, love and a shoulder. I really dont know what to tell you when you come to me and say you have NO OTHER CHOICE and you have to leave him. Ladies, I jsut cant stomach it. But, I will still be there. I jsut hope that your next relationship is for real. Please stop and THINK before taking the relationship to the next level. I will be happy for you when you wed whether or not I feel it is a good match.......I have friends who "Think" they are in love and I had just talked them out of KILLING their boyfriend!!!!!
My relationship advice......OK, if you break up more than once in your relationship, it might just not be the one for life. If you have at any point thought of trashing it all, it might not be the one. If you have doubts, dont walk down the isle...If he cheats after you have been "committed" to each other, it might not be the one. If you are grossed out by the sight of him, it might not be the one. If at anytime, you did not want to jump him, it might not be the one. If he does not like certain things about your life (horses for example) he IS NOT THE ONE. If he has ever told you that you are worthless, he IS NOT THE ONE. If you have ever told him that he is worthless....you got it.....NO!!!!
I know that in the heat of a fight, things are said....but, it should not be easy to break up with a guy. If it is, dont marry him. It will be to easy to walk away!!! Love is patient, Love is kind...You know the rest. So, swallow this how ever you want. I love ya!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know it all!

Anonymous said...

WOW...PMS must have really set in!

Rachael said...

NO, Not PMS!!! Just a whole lot of good sweet friends that needed a butt load of advice!!