Sunday, October 5, 2008

Its Sunday!

Well, been a weekend and a half. The farrier came out Yesterday and did 7 of the 8 horses. Cooter also got his halter changed out and he was so cute about it!! He would not let me catch him to change it. So, when I went to go put everyone up for the farrier, I managed to catch him in a small stall. I gently put the lead rope over his neck and he kind of set back a little, then i explained to him why it was important.....LOL he let me put the new one on over the old one and I exchanged the two halters. Then, I rubbed the dent in his nose where the other halter was rubbing him raw. He seemed to like that! He has never let me rub his face, so this was a BIG change!
Dually was the best out of all the horses for his feet yesterday. In fact, he was an angel!
Lynx is doing good. He and the farrier had their argument, but they came to an understanding. I found out that he loves his tail brushed!!! LOL At first, he wanted nothing to do with all of that....then, he decided that it was awesome!!!
Today, i cleaned the horse part of the trailer. I did too much, but it need to be done and the fact that I got up and did something made me feel so much better! I got out the EQ Solutions and pulled the mats up and all. I scrubbed. The white is now white! LOL Then, Jeff came home for lunch and he put the second slant and the saddle rack back in there. I added velcro strips to the saddle racks to help with the traction for the saddles. They keep falling off the slick rack. I dont think i have to worry with that now!!! YAY!!! Brooke said she is coming over to ride tonight. Bad thing is, i have done way to much today and I am in a lot of pain. Maybe she will help me feed and such.

No comments: