Monday, March 2, 2009

Another Great Weekend!

Well, I took Gabe and Gauge (my dog) to Conroe this weekend for a HUGE barrel race! Well, we planned on staying the whole weekend regardless of the fact that they were sold out of hook ups and stalls....We managed to get a stall, but had to run a generator Friday night. Gabe was slower than normal this weekend, but we had 3 good cans Friday night winning 2nd in the 4D! Man, we almost had that saddle!!! Finally got to bed around 2am.....and woke at 4am...That was it. Well, finally, after waiting all day, I got to run again! This time we were slower, but we managed to be just slow enough! Again we managed to place! We took 7th in the 6D! Yeah, it was not our fastest runs, but I was very pleased when i went and put all that money in the bank! Over $600!!!
My truck gave me some issues with starting on Sunday...took 4-5 hours....sigh. But we got back to the arena and I bought Gabe some bling! I will have to get my new headstall and then take glamor shots! The rest of the money went to bills and an entry fee....for Destry's Race in April!

4 comments:

~The South Dakota Cowgirl~ said...

I love a weekend when there's a big check or two or three won! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

I'm sooooo proud!!!!!!

Andi said...

Hey I want to see how Gabe looks in his new tack set you got from us! Its one of my favorites. Congrats on the weekend.

Rachael said...

Hey! He looks good in his new BreastCollar, but the dots fell off, so Martin Saddlery is sending me a new one and they ended up making me a headstall to match with screw bit ends! I am still waiting to get it all!!! As soon as it gets here, i will post some pictures!