Thursday, May 21, 2009

I am and accident looking for a place to happen.

Folks, I dont know why things happen to me. I really dont. Freak things.....The latest, Gauge stuck her foot in my eye scratching it next to the cornea. It hurts. Why does this happen? I had to have it patched and stay in the dark with both eyes closed. Yup, i had to go back to sleep all day yesterday so that it would heal. Today I got to take the patch off, but it is driving me nuts.It is weeping. It is red and irritated and I swear there is a piece of sand paper on my eye lid. I cant go outside. Why? Cause the light kills me. Even with shades. Last night I watched TV with sunglasses on....YUP, in the dark bedroom with sunglasses.
Other news~ Unemployment is investigating my termination with the college. Seems the college said they fired me but told me I was laid off. Yup, that is a conflict for sure. I feel as if I need to sue them but is it even worth it? The labor board is investigating and I am to keep requesting payment for unemployment. However, I wont receive payment until they resolve the issue. This really pisses me off. But what do ya do? I feel like calling up my former boss and cussing him out. But that is childish. So I will refrain. The woman whom also told me i was laid off and who I suspect is going to take over my job (she has been up there every day since I left) saw me at a party last weekend. She acted as if we were best friends. Folks, it took all the strength in my soul to not chew her ass. I can only wear a pretty face for so long. Sure enough, later that night, I broke down and was unable to stop crying for many hours. Lucky for me, i was already home and my awesome hubby helped me get everything out of my system. I am strong, but even the strong must let out the pain.

Joe is doing great! He looks awesome! I am proud of my accomplishments with him. We still have some personal issues, but we are learning to trust each other and that is the goal. Bailey is strong. She still has a gimp in that right hip, but she continues to run, buck and play. She has figured out that its so much easier to lay down and graze. She kinda spins on the ground and eats the grass in a circle around her....Just call her innovative!! She has a very short neck and I guess she figured out its just easier to lay down to eat!!She can rise on her own and it may not look like a normal foal getting up but its her way and it works. Like I said, she can RUN. Man can she run! I love to watch the little fart! Gabe is getting in shape for the race coming up! He is looking awesome! Amazing what keeping him up in a stall just at night does for him! He went from obese to race horse....well not quite that skinny but you know what I mean. My eye should be well by this weekend so no change in plans except perhaps I will wear sunglasses a lot more than normal...
I wish I could blog more, but my eye just hurts to look at the damn computer screen.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Get well soon!

Sincerely,
Garlic Man

Dr. G said...

Rach- thought I would drop in and read an update on you. Since you have found another way to get hurt....:) then, am I to assume that you are not coming to AMANDA AND JEREMY'S WEDDING this weekend?!?!?!?!?!?!?! I don't think she ever heard back from you, so I thought I would ask. Anyways, I hope things are going great and I am sorry that I didn't get back to you on your business plan. GREAT IDEA! ok.. well I am out here in San Angelo preping for AMANDA AND JEREMY'S WEDDING... so I guess I will talk to you later... stay in touch!
Shell

~The South Dakota Cowgirl~ said...

Glad to hear that Joe and Bailey are doing good!

Your eye will get better soon!