Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Joe Got Saddled!

Well, after my woderful ride on Gabe the Babe, I pulled Joe up to the round pen. First of all, he is having issues with working in the round pen. I have never had one that would go half way around and turn to face. With our past experience of him trying to climb the walls, I decided that a lounge line in the round pen would be safe for my boy. cheeze I had some suggestions as to how to get him to move around me and away from pressure. One was to tie a plastic bag onto the lounge whip to encourage him to move way from me. Yeah, well, that did not work! I sacked him out a while back and he was not even scared of the bag! I shook it all around him and even on the opposite side! Investagate Investagate Investagate Investagate Investagate
Well, after all that, I decided to go get my little saddle and pad and introduce him to the Saddle! Well, he did not spooke to the pad or the saddle. I brought the girth around and he accepted that as well. The only thing that spooked him was the tightening of the girth. He bucked HARD for a total of 10 seconds. Horse Run Horse Run Horse Run Horse Run Horse Run Horse Run..and all was calm. Good Goin Good Goin Good Goin I then shook the stirrups and moved the saddle. That colt was great! Still, he will only do a half a lap around the round pen and turn and face.....I guess he is just too willing to please! However, we did work on that for about an hour and I stopped him before he decided to stop and got him to come to me. Crazy 2 Crazy 2 Crazy 2 I love my colt!

No comments: