Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Life and its Road Bumps....

OK, this month has been busy and fun!!! I am barrel racing my butt off!!! Gabe is in the best shape of his life and now life is here.....The weather sucks, working later than normal cause of the first week of school, friends are at each others throats and I just found out that Ruger might have cancer.
First off, it drives me nuts when people fight over petty bull shit. Sorry for the harsh term for all my g-rated friends, but, I am totally getting too old to deal with people who try to kill each other over stupid shit. Do I need to give an example??? I mean, if someone rubs you the wrong way....WALK AWAY!!! I mean, is there any reason to get all hyped up about something that is so frivolous as a Christmas present??? Or even a little bit of money...or both??? I dont think so. Anyhow, some how this "fight" has gotten way out of hand and now it has turned into an all out battle. Geez, am I gonna have to get the water hose out??? I mean really. Now that I have offended two of my friends I am gonna move on.
My beloved Dog, Ruger might not have just an infection. Now we are looking at the possibility of cancer. He was in great pain after we returned from our barrel race. I took him to the vet to get him some pain meds. I just took him to the local vet because the other vet said that there was nothing else that could be done. Sorry, I am not driving that far to be told that he has lost all hope in saving my dog. Not that that vet wont be my first choice for anything serious again, but, I am just not able to drive that far for nothing. So, I took him to the local vet that pulls coggins and gives out heartworm meds. He stuck a needle into Ruger's swollen lymph node and sucked out some of the black stuff that i can only describe as snot mixed with wet coffee grounds. Basically its cells with black pigment which is a characteristic of cancer cells. YEAH, BELIEVE IT OR NOT, I HAVE MORE THINGS TO WORRY ABOUT.... Anyhow, so, we sent off a histopth for further research. Anyhow, the vet gave me some good pain meds that were injectable and some awesome antibiotics too. All are injectable cause Ruger is having a hard time eating. Today, after one day of pain meds, he is back on his feet and happy. He actually was able to yawn for the first time in a long time. I think we might only do the pain meds as needed.

Next would be the whole whining about being BROKE!!! Yup, it happens. Happens more often to me than most others, but, I will live.

Oh, everything else is fine!!! I dont get to ride that much this week due to the weather and the fact that the sun is GONE before I get home right now. It will change next week, but, for now, it sucks!!!

No comments: