Thursday, January 3, 2008

Life in General

Well, sorry I have been dragging on my blog. But, it seems that I have some things to say that some peeps really dont want to hear and this blog is my online diary and I dont want to say what is really on my mind!!! Anyhow, I dont like it when my friends dont get along. I dont like it when someone is mad at a friend who is honestly not trying to do anything wrong, she is just having a hard time...both of these friends are having a hard time and they are now focused on each other..........ouch.....that one hurts. Anyhow, I am also one that trys to keep peace and dont like to have people fighting around me. There enough said about that.

Now, back to the ponies. Gabe did OK this week at our barrel race. I did do my 2 exhibitions, one at a trot for him to see the arena and the other at a slow lope so I can pop his ass to get him around the barrel. After that, we had our run about 4 hours later. he was DRAGGING ASS to the first barrel. No, the dirt was perfect so he was not getting "hung up", and Yes I pushed him all the way to the barrel.......He was jsut dragging Ass!!!! Well, we ended up with a 16.680 and I thought it was gonna be an 18 second run by the way he went to the first. But, he actually had a decent time. Too fast for the 5D and too slow for the 4D, but, a decent time. A 15.1 was winning it then it dropped to a 14.8...WOW...Blew us out of the water!!! Well, I just cannot figure out what the hell happened. Everyone reemed my run and I am very hesitant to even put it on youtube cause I was not happy. But, it was just a barrel race. However, this year we have an angel who is sponsoring Gabe the Babe and I want to show him that we are worthy of the sponsorship!!!

Advice I have gotten so far is to NOT exhibition him, remove the back girth.... push harder, use my whip...yada yada...I will not run with out the back girth cause it really messes me up when the saddle hits me in the ass. Whiping to the first in this small ass arena was not a thought that crossed my mind cause Gabe has been blowing to the first and scaring the crap outta me. I worry that he will blow past. BUT, I did kick all theway!!! And, I kept my ass out of the saddle!!! Not exhibitioning??? WTF!! Gabe will be 7 in April and has been hauled, but, never to this pen! We always do an exhibition to show him the ground, scary horse eating monsters, and all that jazz.....The free for all is coming up and we will have two runs in the same race. I will go ahead and not exhibition him cause that might just be it...maybe I am wearing him out or something even though we are jsut going slow on the exhibitions. IDK...

As far as the rest of life goes, Jeff and I are doing great. He is sick still and I pulled a muscle or something in my hip, so, the love life has been a little short, but, thats OK, we will be back at it soon. I know, TMI, but, i had to say it!!! Also, I ahve to get back to riding the piss out of Gabe and Hick TODAY!!! I dont care how cold it is, we are gonna get back to our program TODAY!!! OK, thats all for now!!!

1 comment:

~The South Dakota Cowgirl~ said...

Who's idea was it to not ride with a back girth?

I have to have one, pretty much. I love my back cinch!