Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Been a While...

I know, its been a while since I have blogged. But, my heart was not in it and to tell ya the truth, I just did not have anything positive to say! Anyhow, With Ruger being gone, I have taken up training with Colt45. He is a VERY smart dog and is probably the smartest dog I have ever worked with. No, he is still not the same as Ruger, but, no do will ever measure up. However, Colt was starting to be "Jeff's Dog" to the point that when I was on the couch, jeff went outside and Colt sat by the door waiting on Daddy to come back. Not anymore! Only took me 2 days to turn him back into a momma's boy! He now follows me EVERYWHERE!!! Every time i go to the bathroom, Colt finds me. God love him :) He is awesome with the horses, cats and listens very well to me! All it took was the threat of the shock collar and some treats in my pocket and Boom! He is now a well trained dog!!! He sits, lays down, comes, and will do just about everything but stay and fetch. I dont know about the fetch thing....but, the stay is because he wants to be on my foot at all times. He also learned that when Mom says 'here, now!!!" that he better hurry or he will get chased by either Gabe or Joe!!! Hilarious!!! The first time I told him that, he was about 10 feet from me and Joe tore ass after Colt.....Yeah, safest place to be is on my foot!!! Ellis is lovign the fact that I take Colt away from him and, well, ellis kinda got in bed with me last night and it took me and Jeff pushing him to get him down when Jeff came to bed....he is a good snuggle dog and I just needed some Dog snuggling last night, LOL !!! Anyhow, I am feeling much better and very excited that my Biz is taking off right now! I have a lesson student, 12 horses on consultant contract and well, its getting better! Go check out my website! www.rachaelsequineservices.biz

No comments: