Thursday, February 21, 2008

Dogs, Dogs and more Dogs


I have decided that life is interesting. Yeah, I thought that Jeff was gonna KILL me by adopting this dog. But, after the initial shock of the fact that she was here, once she came in the house and chilled out, he seems to like her... I mean, I am one to take in Dogs, cats, horses that are at risk. Ellis was a true rescue that was covered in Demodetic mange, open oozing sores, bleeding ears and NO hair. He stunk and was an OUTSIDE dog. Well, I adopted him with the hopes of curing him and finding him a home. Now, he has been with us for 3 years and is a part of the family.....Everyone needs a dumb dog that loves you no matter what. Then, I had three. Ruger, my dog, Yeager, the cat eating monster, and then Ellis, the pill popping, got to love him, needy, always loving dog. Well, Yeager found a home cause I love my cats. It was find him an only animal home or put him down. Crying eyes out Crying eyes out So, he went to a new home. Down to two. Keep in mind that I rescued 3 dogs during the time I was in Bryan, just 3 short years. Ruger was always MY DOG. Well, Ellis got to stay. Then, I see Colt45. Yeah, he is marked almost just like Ruger was and was too cute. The people saw the love in my eyes and insisted that he go home with me. He had red mange, but, was easily cured and then we were back to 3. You all know that Ruger had to be put down due to cancer and my heart broke in two. I found out about this Lab that was dumped with a boston terrier. The terrier was killed by a car and the Lab was just not going to be able to stay. So, why not? Yup, I told them to bring her here. Knowing that Jeff would kill me and thinking that I was getting in deep. At first, NOPE, not going to keep her. Gotta find her a home. Now, Jeff is attached and has only been around her for a few hours. She is CALM, sleep as we speak and is just the right size lab, not to mention really pretty. So, looks like I am taking her in in the morning to find out her fixed status and to get her vaccinated. Ellis is due too and Colt has an itchy ear. So, the three of us are heading to the vet in the morning.......What am I thinking right now? Might be a good dog to keep so that Ellis wont get so upset when Colt goes to barrel races with me. Why not?

No comments: