Sunday, February 10, 2008

Colt 45 Trying Hard To Fill Big Shoes!

Brianna really did some good with Colt yesterday! He slept like a rock last night! YEAH YEAH YEAH That little girl really knows how to train dogs! I think she has a very special gift! cheeze Colt has some big shoes to fill since we lost Ruger. Now Colt 45 is my hauling partner! Today I think I am gonna teach him to "stay close" meaning that when we are out in the pasture, he has to stay close to me. Ruger would get a few yards away and I would say "stay close" and he would come back to my side. Colt also did something really smart last night. I told him to "leave it" referring to his toy and him going outside. I used to tell Ruger to do that when he wanted to carry his toy outside. He would drop it and go out. I told Colt to do that and he took the bone back to the living room and dropped it and came back to the door. He is very smart and I am very pleased at how well he is learning things! Brianna taught him to heel and to walk on a leash! YEAH YEAH YEAH He also is very good at the trailer. He just lays down and waits. No barking, crying or anything! cheeze I think that he will be an awesome dog and he is working really hard at filling those shoes! Good Goin

Ellis, the black lab, looked for Ruger last night. He knew that I had returned from a BR and expected Ruger to come through the door. He got a lot of loving last night and settled in. Cloud nine I snuggled with him on the floor and he settled down. God Love him. Jeff played fetch with him and spent a lot of time with him yesterday. Good Goin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The first thing to do is to teach colt to stop throwing up in the truck!!!!!!!!!!!