Sunday, March 23, 2008

OMG, am I ever going to get to meet Day's Foal?

OK, tick tock. Day is locked, loaded and ready to foal! She is ready to foal and has been for the last 2 days! I almost did not go to the barrel race because I thought she was going to drop the foal during the day. NOPE, nothing. So, we are still waiting. Now we are 1 day over due. Mental note cause this will be her history!
Chivas and her foral Cooter are doing great! Cooter is a pistol and really seems to want to knock my teeth out when he is handled, but, thats OK. he will get better with time! He is HUGE!!! He has already shot up and grown about 3 inches! He can run fast too! Chivas still has not come into heat yet. Either that or she does not like Joe. Not sure. But, if Joe does not catch her and breed to her, we will not pursue getting her in foal. She is for sale and might go visit the trainer to get broke to ride. She has been under saddle, just not sure what all has been done. So, if she chooses not to get bred back....FINE with me!
With that said, Day will be bred back to Joe. If I cant catch her on her foal heat, then she might go visit another stud so I can go ahead and geld Joe and get him started under saddle. He is going to make a great gelding! I just wanted to get some off spring on the ground before I cut him. Also, it will offset the cost of stud fees, hauling to the stud, mare care etc.
Side Note~ My trailer will be getting an A/C put on it SOON!!! Yup, looks like my dream of having a weekend package is coming true! Jeff gave the OK for me to use my tax refund to fix up the trailer! WOW, just imagine how much that will save me this year! Also, I think I will have access to a generator to use. So, no more sweating at barrel races during the summer. Yup, i get to contribute to the noise at the barrel race with a generator running the A/C!!!!

No comments: