Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Guilt Trippers....

OK, now, I am not one to turn too many things down when it comes to my friends and family. But, recently I signed up for something that requires way more than I can afford to put into it. YUP, I am a bridesmaid in my cousins wedding. Well, as you all know, fuel prices are outrageous and I live at the far edge of nowhere. Well, her maid of honor scheduled 3 parties to attend and they had an engagement party to boot.... I have been un able to attend for various reasons.....Lets see....Engagement party was 3 weeks prior to my wedding..UM, yeah, I was BUSY and STRESSED. Two showers both in Houston area apx. 4 hours from me. The first one, I was SICK and the second one I was taking care of my mother who was sick. Now the bachelorette Party. I really wanted to go! OMG its going to be fun! But, I have to choose my driving trips wisely because it cost over $125 to fill my truck up. I do not get paid a whole lot and have so many bills to pay off that I can only go through maybe 3 tanks of fuel a paycheck (once a month paycheck). Well, the wedding is on the same paycheck and it is in College Station...Thats 4 hours of driving and 1 tank of fuel....So, I literally cannot afford to drive to Houston the same month! CANNOT DO IT!!!! Shit, I dont even have room on my credit card! The dress and shoes broke me too!I seriously think I am going to pull may hair out just trying to find the $$$ to buy groceries and feed the animals!
Back to the moral of the story. I get an email from the Matron of Honor giving me the guilt trip. Saying that I have had 3 opportunities to show up for the party and did not show up for any of them....all in Houston....and that my duty as a bridesmaid is to be there to celebrate at the parties.... UM, NO....My duty as a bridesmaid is to be in the wedding and stand by the bride during the ceremony...Also, I have been right here as an ear, sounding board and offering advice for the stressed out bride. Granted, she has not called me for much, but, I did get her jump started! So, no guilt trips please. I am doing the best I can and frankly, that is all I can do....

1 comment:

~The South Dakota Cowgirl~ said...

You are right. Being a bridesmaid is tough (and expensive). Hang in there.