Saturday, June 7, 2008

Gabe Got Some Schooling Today....Joe is at the Trainer!

Well, I jsut spent $35 for a well needed lesson on Gabe. JR rode him and really worked him over. He said he is being LAZY and has my number.....He has been lying and cheating me...So, we fixed it! Man, it felt so good to run even if it was in a saddle that was too big and stirrups too long, I was kicking my heart out and managed to not come off!!! Dang, that horse can INHALE a barrel!!! I could not believe it!!! JR showed me how to fix our issues and gave me some home work. YUP, we might just be stepping up!!!! I want to wait till July to run him, but that will be here pretty quick! We will be working in the o-ring sometimes with the running martingale and sometimes with out. I need to get his face and get him to quit leaning on the bit! OH, and get his freakin head down when I ask for his face!!!! But, we can do it! I proved that today! I am so readly to run him again!

Joe will be at the trainer (JR) for a month and I sure he will come back with a heck of a handle and many hours of saddle time. I think this trainer will be on my top list for my colts!

No comments: