Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The Drive That is Alive Inside Us All!

I woke up at 6am and jumped out of bed to throw on some jeans, boots and head to the barn..Why you ask? I have been having a really hard time getting out of bed for the last year. Basically, the snooze button was my friend and my pillow was the enemy....I just did not have the drive to get up and be "functional".

I started to think about why it is that when I head home my head ache that I have had all day and the sleepiness that has been lingering all day just goes away!!! Well, I figured it out! My horses. My horses drive the evil monsters from my soul. This is what sets barrel racers and horse owners/ riders apart from the rest of the world! We would rather be shoveling manure than sitting behind a desk ANY DAY RAIN OR SHINE!!!

Well, after realizing all of this, I decided that I need motivation to rise and shine. So, now, I will rise to the urge to ride and shine all day long to think about what I accomplished while most folks would be reading the paper, drinking coffee or sleeping. I WOKE UP AND RODE MY HORSE FOR A MILE AND A HALF AT THE LONG TROT AND LOPE!!!!! And because I did this, when I get home, I can work the fat kid! Or the colt! Or what ever!!! Because I Did my work out this morning!!!!

No comments: