Thursday, August 28, 2008

Hooray

OK, life has been interesting here this week, but it is turning around!! I talked to my Dad today....Now, my Dad and I have an interesting relationship...Anyhow, I made him an offer. I have a buckskin mare that has been for sale for a year now. No bites. She is foundation bred....We have her filly and LOVE the filly so no need to have them both right? Well, she is a 9yo broodmare cause no one took the time to actually ride her. So, Thinking " darn it, that will be two mouths to feed come spring" ( I bred her cause she is a broodmare) I called my Dad to offer a trade. He has a colt that I actually created his dam and picked his daddy. The colt is a yearling now and is a chestnut with a star and a left hind sock. http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/zbar+lynx+to+cash He is super laid back and since he has that left hind sock, I knew he was MEANT to be mine. But my dad refused to even sell him to me. Says its business and I dont need any more horses. Well, today he agreed to trade this gelding (one less thing to pay for) for my buckskin mare!! If you knew the ends and outs of my dad, your next question would be........"and you will let me transfer him in my name right?" The answer is YES!!!! So, I am trading my mare for this colt and I am jumping for joy!!! No, I dont need a trade, but I really resented my Dad for not letting me have this colt or the other 6 horses that I created for him....So, this is good in soooo many ways!!

4 comments:

~The South Dakota Cowgirl~ said...

I am so excited about your horse!

Rachael said...

Thanks Girl!!! I am excited too!!! Now, just have to get my mares weaned, coggins pulled, and take her to Navasota to pick up my colt!!!

Anonymous said...

Yea!! Good things are comingyour way, we're so happy for you!!

Rachael said...

:)