Thursday, September 4, 2008

WBR

Well, i went to WBR this weekend! No, i did not win any Money and to tell ya the truth, I did not do so good. Our warm-up run was nice. I bobbled a little coming off the first barrel, but Gabe actually turned it nice! We ran a 17.444 and a 15.48 won the race. So, we were two places about the 4D...... No money. I did buy the picture though!! Its a great picture!!! My Open run was 9 hours from my warm up race run. Gabe was ready to run. I was ready to run. For some reason, I pushed him coming out of the holding pen thus throwing us off balance a little. I had two hands on the reins, like i am suppose too. I felt his shoulder drop about 5 strides to the barrel and I went to pick it up, he thought I said turn, so two strides out, we turned. :( Yup, we ducked, but it was not the case of "I dont want to turn" more the case of "Mom, are you sure? Cause you are telling me to turn, but its not time yet" Anyhow, we had two good barrels on that run. I was mad and I was PUSHING him through the rest of the pattern. Man, I need to get made more often cause he would have kicked butt if we did not duck!!!
As for the rest of the weekend, Gauge was bell of the ball. I got so many compliments on how well behaved she is for 6 months old!!! I bought my Baby Girl a bling dog collar! She is so purdy with it on!! She did her thing in the trailer where she insisted on being in the bed 24/7 All was good till Monday when she was put up there unexpectedly and she ate 4 of my winning runs DVDs...grrrrrr...But, all in all she did good!
Joe came along for the ride too. All i can say about that is He is GOING to learn to back out of the trailer. We had a goof up and loaded him in the rear slant. He does not back out of a trailer.....Um, yeah, finally, he tried to turn around and got stuck. I am so glad that he is calm, cause it could have been a really bad disaster! Anyhow, after he got stuck, a guy crawled in the trailer with him and pushed his shoulder around. He is a little sore, but not broken.
Oh, one more thing. We survived the hurricane. I so wish that the stupid storm could have waited a while cause my co-pilot worried herself senseless about the stupid storm!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...just wasn't your weekend!! But it will be one day, I'm still banking on you!

Rachael said...

Thanks Bobby!!! Gabe said I need to learn how to ride...LOL