Saturday, September 6, 2008

Oh Snap!!! I am NOT A Bronc Rider!!!!!!!!!

My Ass HURTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OK, so Joe has had about 6 weeks off. I rode him yesterday and he rode great. I warmed him up in the round pen for about 5 minutes before climbing on....he is two...I do that.... Anyhow, He never offered to buck and really has not offered to buck since back in March. I get on him. We long trot and lope both directions in the round pen....so far, so good. I take him out of the round pen and we walk. Good....all good. We trot....good, all good. We begin to lope...NOPE, not gonna lope!!! Instead, we are gonna launch!!! This colt can buck now, I tell ya.... He has this thing about getting his back legs all the way up over his head....Then he brings that front end up and comes back down in a completely different direction!!! Fish Tail Deluxe. I am pretty sure i made it to the whistle, but not much longer. I found the horn. Normally, the horn is NOT my friend. Again, this proves true. I also managed to grab his face and the top of the headstall. Spurs grabbed too though and that is NOT good. I remembered that and turned my feet away from his sides. Then we go up 3 more times and I go to the side. Joe bolts and I drop on my neck, shoulder and ASS!!!! I think i might have bruised all four, upper and lower front teeth along my ass, hip and some how I managed to get grass in my pants and my bra... blah I am sitting up long enough to type this, but not sure how long I can do this. Soooooooo, here I am, alive and bruised. OH and hubby was home. I hollered 3 times for him and he was there to tell me to sit still. I did get back on Joe and loped him in the round pen. I dont like to end this way, so I ran him 4 laps and got on him. OUCH is all i can say....But we did lope several laps before I just could not do it any more.

No comments: