Monday, November 10, 2008

My Weekend!


Hey Folks! I had a very busy weekend of Barrel Racing!!! Lots to do, but I figured you guys would like an update! I landed 25th in the 6D which gets me a prize.....I like prizes!! LOL Wish i had won money, but that is OK! I will have the video up in a couple of weeks when I get it in the mail. Gabe got a little hung up in the dirt, so we were not as fast as we could have been. We ran again Saturday night in the jackpot races and ran a 17.2!!! We only ran a 17.759 in the open race Friday. So, in the Jackpot race, My jaw locked up leaving the alleyway, hurt like hell. Then after having an awesome first barrel, I hung my whole belt on the saddle horn......while trying to get "unhooked" I dropped my reins and went about 4 strides to the second barrel (he did good and stayed on track) before getting unhooked. As soon as I got near my barrel, I was able to grab my reins again and we dove into the 2nd barrel.....wrapped it! Well, I dropped my outside stirrup.........UGH!! Well, I decided to push on with out it and we did good on the third. Would have been better if I could have stepped out! Well, i never found my stirrup and pushed on the way home. Thank God he is smooth and has the hang of the closed alleyway!!! Anyhow, I was blown away at how nice his run was!!! We fell at the bottom of the 4D. No money but a way better run! Also, I was told that if I could get my shit together, I might have a 2D pony! Gabe agreed.....he said it was all me!! LOL

2 comments:

~The South Dakota Cowgirl~ said...

I've been telling you, you have at least a 2d pony! I'll second Gabe!

Anonymous said...

WOW..Doesn't Rachael clean up nicely!!! :)..and Gabe too!
Yep he's a 2d...just gonna take some time to get there!