Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Not Sure..

Not sure what got into me, but I decided to change my Blog a little!! LOL As for me, I am COLD....Brrrrrrrrr....Gabe rode great last weekend but it seems our tree might be broken in my new freakin saddle. SOOOOO, it goes back to its maker as soon as they call me back with the day it is to be picked up....Sigh. Back into my 10yo Billy Cook Saddle that I broke Gabe in....I hope I can remember how to ride in it! Watch me go out there and win a bunch in that saddle and never ride the "new One" again....LOL gabe is getting very toned and has a lot of life to his step these days. He is on Purform Performance One. It has creatine and such in it. He looks GREAT! Also, he is NOT ALLOWED to do his sweet, smooth, nice pleasure trot anymore. Now we LONG trot or Lope....That is it. No more lazy. I had to change that because I am allowing him to be lazy...Ugh. I miss it! But it is totally showing in our riding. He is getting a lot quicker on his reaction times. No riding this week due to the really cold wet weather and the fact that he is a little sore from the broken saddle.
Joe is doing good too. I put a huge black tarp all over him and strapped it to the saddle horn so that the 30mph wind would blow it all over him as he worked in the round pen. He did AWESOME!! I then got the lariat rope and introduced it to him. Not so thrilled on that, but he finally relaxed. I am hoping if I do this stuff a bunch, I can get the spook out and gain the trust back. He is a super great horse! I no longer have him for sale either.
Hick is now living with my farrier. They like each other so far...OK time to go home and light a fire in the fireplace!!

No comments: