Thursday, April 30, 2009

Just A Few Thoughts On Love


You know, I keep hearing "You have done more than I would have to save that filly" "You dont have anything invested, perhaps its best to have her put down instead of running up the vet bill" and "you are a good mom because you sacrificed to save that foal". Then I got to thinking of what my Dad would have said about the vet bill "YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING!! PUT HER DOWN!!! A 52 Cent bullet is a LOT cheaper!!" And that sums it up for pretty much anyone I know....except my husband. Jeff simply said "If that vet can save her life, its worth it". He never once said anything about hurry to pick her up so the bill wont be high or $275 for plasma is too high or anything of that sort. Folks, Our bill is around sixteen hundred bucks. He needs to buy tires for his truck and endless other things we needed to get with that money.....he never said a word like crap that is high...He simply says "I just hope she lives through all of this" then he goes out to the pasture and checks on her......we all have our differences.....but I am soooooo glad that my husband is with me on the vet bills. To save a life, its worth it. He was like that with TJ too....my first horse that we thought had "choke" but ended up that he ruptured his sphincter valve due to cancer......that was a bill that was not as high as this one but close....Same with Ruger. Both of those ended in death, so we are praying for her to make it through!!!

On another note, I know that the folks who said "you have done more than i would have" are just saying that. Because I know that if you saw this filly in person, you would have pulled out all the stops. She is so alert and so full of life.....You just cant help but want to try....

BTW, Bailey is home now. She has a 50/50 chance right now. It seems we are just waiting to see some improvement. He hock and stifles are swollen and she is still gimpy...BUT she is using the back right leg more and more. She can get up on her own now even though its just one big movement. Since she got home yesterday afternoon, her hock is 50% less swollen. She is putting weight on the hind right leg...something she has not done. I think she needs some grass, sunshine, and love. I have to give her pills twice a day and hydrotherapy her back end twice a day. She is pretty easy to handle.....Feel free to come over and give her kisses!!

No comments: