Tuesday, December 1, 2009

HELLO!!!

Ah, Turkey Day is over! My inlaws came over and it was nice and easy. They only stay for about 4 hours a day for 2 days. Then they leave. They also bring their own food to go along with my meal. I cooked a turkey, taters and green bean casserole. I am still working on the left overs and last night I made turkey enchilada's. YUMMY!

Gabe and I went to the WBR Finals last week (before turkey day) and did not win anything except a boost in confidence. Our run in the open was good....but he is now figuring out that he CAN turn the first barrel...BUT he has not figured out how to get that front end moving too finish the turn. I guess he has been hurting from the saddles...cause all of the sudden, Gabe wants to WRAP the first barrel! Anyhow, our main race run he got a little stuck coming around the first...got un stuck .5 of a second later and took off! We were sitting pretty good wishing for a little faster winner...and BAM....everyone got SMOKED! The winner blew everyone out of the water with a 14.8....a 15.099 was winning and we ran a 17.544....so we needed a 15.044 and when that gal ran the 14.8, it knocked us OUT! Oh well. Our other run that weekend was on the same size pattern....we ran a 16.8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Man he was running!!! I got the video, but I had to order it and it has not gotten here yet! All I felt was horn in my hands and my butt against the back of the saddle!!! He was slinging sand and really reaching out! Anyhow, we were way faster but a 15.069 won that night and we needed that 14.8...lol All else is well and I am sub'ing at the local school a lot. I love it! I just wish it was a steady pay check so I knew I was going to be able to pay my bills.....maybe they will give me a full time job?

No comments: