Tuesday, March 12, 2013

I should write a book....

I am sitting here thinking about my life. How I was raised. All the little crazy crap that made me me. Now wouldn't that be a story! I wonder how many folks I would piss off if I wrote a book? Because Lord knows I did not get strong, stubborn, persistent and callous because I had just the most perfect life! No, my life was not perfect. But DESPITE the negative I SURVIVED and used all of that to drive me to success. I do have to have a reality check from time to time to make sure that I am still sane. Who doesn't? I do have to have my horses for therapy or I would totally loose it. I am so blessed to have certain people in my life that I CALL FAMILY. Without them I would have some serious issues. Perhaps I am not sane? Who knows? But one thing I know is that my son will never experience what I had to endure. I wont let it happen. I will teach him to be strong by showing him good things and giving him responsibilities and having him work with his Daddy building fence. Not by showing him fear and intimidation. I will teach him persistence by show him that good things come to those who wait. Not by with holding love until he does what I want. I will teach him to be stubborn, yes I said it...I want him to be stubborn! I want him to HOLD HIS GROUND and stick to his guns! I will teach him this by showing him that it is worth it to stand by what you believe. Not by belittling him. His callouses will be from hard work. Not from anger. He will always know that he is LOVED by his parents. He will always feel SAFE in HIS HOME. But I will teach him that life is not always fair. Because that is life. But I will not be the one to fail him. Yeah, my kid is going to be the best that he can be, not despite me but because of me. So, with that said, I dont think I have to write a book on my past. I think I will just write about the present and love the life that I am living now. This life is worth living. Anyhow, be expecting more positive notes from me about my life now and how my son is growing up to be a cool little man. Because that is what I want to think about from now on. Good Bye Past. You have happened and now its time to live!

No comments: