Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Find your smile...

Sometimes we get stuck. We get stuck in what has been. What has to be. What we dont realize is that we can look forward at what can be. But some folks, when they look forward, they get overwhelmed. Its almost a catch 22. But Here is what I do. I look at the things that I want to happen then I break it down into what I need to do today to get to the end result. Yeah, a list helps too. Even if the idea is to be a better person. Guess what? It doesnt happen over night. It starts with one thing at a time. Something as simple as kissing your husband good bye in the morning is a good start. My steps to becoming a better me include that as well as saying my prayers at night. I try to look for a reason to smile at least every hour. No matter what, there is always something to smile about once ever 60 minutes. Trust me, it will make the day better. Something else I do is stop to watch my child play. Sometimes I dont get to do this until bed time but even just 10 minutes of watching him makes me feel better. Learning to pick my battles is another thing I am working on. Even on my worst days I try to do little things to make it better. Yeah, yesterday all I wanted to do is hit my knees and cry. But when I stopped and let my son play in the sand box and got my horse in the round pen, I found my smile. My son insisted on learning how to work my horse in the round pen! Lynx was very patient with him too. He did everything Kolton told him to do.....lol And when Kolton took off running toward the horse, well, he stopped and turned and faced me. Yeah, that horse is a keeper too! But all in all it tickled me pink that MY SON would rather be in the round pen with the horse than play in his sand box. Yup, thats MY SON.

No comments: