Friday, July 11, 2014

WPRA

One thing about life, it is full of surprises! I just jumped off a cliff and signed up as a WPRA member...what does that mean? It means I am going PRO RODEO!!! WHOOP! I was blessed by a couple of friends who want to see me live my dream. One paid my permit fee and the other paid my first rodeo entry fee! I feel so blessed to have so many friends that believe in me! I honestly could not do this without the support, moral or financial, of these awesome friends! I do believe that every thing happens for a reason and God placed these friends in my life for a reason. I intend to pay it forward! In fact, that is all they asked is that I pay it forward! So on Sunday I begin my career as a professional barrel racer! Lynx and I will be running at BRAT Barrel Racing in Alvarado, TX. It is a co-sanctioned barrel race with WPRA. I need to win $1000 to fill my permit and then I will be a full member. I never had WNFR dreams except to go watch. But now that I have a horse that I truly believe can do it, my perspective has changed tremendously! I told myself we had to WIN the 1D at least 3 times before I take on this challenge. We have now won the 1D (that means we were the fastest time of the day) 4 times. We have placed in the top of the 1D many more times than that here in the last few months. Upon reaching my goal, I decided its now or never! I am 35, married with a 3 year old son. I have a nice little trailer and a truck that needs some TLC. BUT I am going to rodeo! Cowgirl Up! Its time to chase my dream!!! If you know of anyone who might be interested in sponsoring this Rookie, I am more than willing to advertise in exchange for sponsorship! From patches on my shirt to logos on my truck/trailer.....I will even add them to my blog and my Business page www.facebook.com/rachaelsequineservices ANY dollar amount will help! God has blessed me beyond belief and I will be giving all the glory to HIM. Over and out for today and thank you for keeping up with my crazy life!

No comments: