Tuesday, November 27, 2018

The Lack Of Sleep Is Making Me Crazy

So I’m still awake. See, I’m a person whom enjoys a routine. I wake at 7 am, I do my things such as take my kid to school, bust my but to ride, clean saddles, organize (lets be real, I really organize my horse stuff), teach lessons, make my phone calls and then back to grab my kid from school. Then it’s this, that and dinner. Normally I’m in bed by 10:30. I always say I’m going to bed around 9. But there is always something to do before actually laying down, right? Well, when my routine gets turned upside down, I tend to mess up my sleep schedule. And last week, my life was turned upside down. Back in 2011 I gave birth to a big, bouncing, baby boy. Shortly after having my c-section, my husband threw out his back. We had 8 horses at the time and of course they needed hay. I still had staples in my belly. I was determined to get my chore done. Well, I managed to pull down a stack of hay on top of myself thus resulting in a weird type of issue. It’s like a hernia but not really. I basically pulled my healing muscles the wrong way. I have been managing it ever since. I finally HAD to do something about it. I mean, when you can’t wear pants comfortably, it’s hard to ride your horse! So on November 21st, my doctor went in to fix it. She found some adhesions that had stuck my small intestine to my abdominal wall on the right side. She also found that my c-section scar had healed all wrong and had to redo all 7 layers. Lucky for me, it was just the muscles and not below the fasciae. Naturally, this puts me 4-6 weeks off my horse. This also makes it very uncomfortable to sit up. I basically can stand up or lay down. On top of that I had an infection so antibiotics on board. I’m pretty uncomfortable. Throw in the fact that pain meds make me wound super tight and I can’t find a good position to sleep in, I’m having a major interruption to my routine. It’s almost 2 am and I am awake. Of course I can’t do squat. So I’m blogging! On the plus side, it was an easy fix. So no long term therapy and such. I will be able to go back to jeans once the 7 layers heal. I will be able to work on my core AGAIN. IM SUPER excited about this! I also have my husband taking care of me and my friend, Katelin, to help with the horses and my lessons. I feel very blessed! Now if I can just find something to keep my body moving tomorrow without pain and my mind working so that it will be ready to rest, maybe I can line things back out! I just went outside and loved on my ponies in the dark! That always makes me feel a little better! I feel the need to say this so hear me out. My little surgery is nothing compared to what some of my friends and family have had to endure. It seems so trivial compared to chemo, busted ribs, bust hip, MS, etc. but it is something to me. Yes, I had my eyes fixed this year too. That was also necessary. It’s so nice to be able to see! So I want to say that I am not complaining! Nope! I’m saying I am super blessed to have my tribe! And I will be super happy to return to my routine! 4-6 weeks off my horse is NOTHING compared to my hip surgery, my mega leg gash with high ankle sprain, my actual c-section, my reduction, my hysterectomy with appendectomy and gall bladder removal or even my heart cath back in 2007. Yeah. WOW is the word. But I get knocked down and I always come back stronger! So I’m going to set some goals. First, my diet will have more green and less white (carbs). My water intake is currently at 1000ml and climbing. I need to be back to a gallon a day. Once I can be a little more active, I’m going to walk. Yes. Walk! Then I will build up to something that my body can handle! With a bum hip and all my little stuff, I will have to see what I can do. My goal is to get back down to 145#. Currently holding steady between 150-157. Doesn’t seem like much but it is. I can do this! For now, I’m going to rest and heal!

No comments: