Wednesday, January 17, 2024

Am I Feral?

 I keep seeing posts about the Feral Housewives.  Now I'm not sure if I fall in this category, but I have a feeling I do. When I met my husband, we were at a bar. We just magically met. I can say that my friends and I were celebrating a birthday of two of the girls in our group and I'm sure there was a pre-game. Of course we arrived early to said bar. Since the song was new, I provided the DJ with Kid Rock. Yeah. That was kinda interesting that I gave the DJ music 🫣! Anyhow, my friend Cinnamon and I would dance on the speakers for fun. Yeah, we were a little bit rowdy! But my husband was holding up the side rail on the dance floor sipping a beer while we were knocking them back. Come to find out, his friend group was there due to someone in my friend group. I don't know but I'd call that fate! I knew as soon as I saw him, I was in trouble. Let's just say I was playing single and didn't want another bum steer. But I saw him and that was that. We danced. I danced with another dude and that dude said something RUDE to me. Guess what? I kneed him where it hurts. I'm not sure if Jeff was aware or not, but I 100% stuck up for myself and defended his honor. Some how, some way, I managed to get the strong silent type to open up a little on the dance floor with me. That was it, I was hooked and 25 years later, I still find him sexy! 

Back to feral housewives....  One thing I noticed about my hubby over the years is that he tends to let me fight my own fights. I mean, sometimes he steps in but if someone disrespects me and I get up in their face, he doesn't step in. Especially if I'm in the right. It's usually when some dude does something disrespectful. I don't need him to step in. Oh no. I got this. Does that make me feral?

When I am home I tend to do my own thing. I'm not a girly girl. I prefer playing with horses and dogs over getting my nails done or shopping. 9:/10 I am in need of a mani/pedi but pshhh that's a waste of money! I get my hair cut about 6 times a year, maybe. But I keep the clothes washed, food on the table and my child inline. I brought home a random dog and 2 years later, we still have that dog. I managed to find a mini horse to be a companion for my other horse and my husband didn't tell me no. The only real things he tells me no on is--- driving the tractor, the zero turn and his other truck. Why? Because I think he knows if I had rights to the tractor, stuff would get done that he didn't agree too like an arena, building a pole barn, etc.... it's ok. I'm good. I need limits because sometimes I get neck deep in a project and then can't finish them due to my body quitting on me. So other than that and spending a lot of money, he doesn't give me hard limits. Am I feral? 

I just sit back and watch all these reels about the feral housewives and think... did he know I was feral before he married me? Surely he did. Being an independent, smart, get things done person is an attractive characteristic, right? 

No comments: