Monday, November 19, 2007

The Day is Getting Better!

OK, so, This morning I woke up, threw gabe into his stall and put joe and hick to the back....yup, it was raining. I fed Gabe and went back into the house to get dressed and haul to DeRidder!!! Yup, i am broke, but after yesterday, all I wanted to do was go ride again and work on the things that Hardtimes had told me (and 1tex too cause she says that I never give her credit for telling me things, oh and jroper too for that matter) Anyhow, I could not find a clean pair of jeans and did not have time to shower, so, i grabbed the less dirty pair of jeans and put on a ball cap. Capped Smile I went back to the barn to find that WET Gabe had rolled in his stall.... Undecided So, I tried to hose him off good and loaded up. We went to Jasper and filled up for the 3rd time this week Censored Censored Censored Censored and got a call from Hardtimes that she was headed that way too!!!! YAY!!! I got there around 9:30 and unloaded under the "stalls" area so that my rear tack and Gabe were dry in the nasty weather. I saddled up and went to work. Gabe and i worked on tipping his nose. Then we went off to do 3 exh's but did 4 instead. I learned how to pop him on the butt coming off the barrel....


With that said, now i have to figure out how to keep my balance when he FIRE's like a bottle rocket off the barrel!!!! Yikes! It was awesome, but, he threw me forward!!! Investagate Well, then we had the spill with Hardtimes.....you can read about that on the other post. Gabe then gets warmed up for his run and is very alert and responsive.....not like Gabe but definatly an improvement. TIGGER TIGGER TIGGER So, We fired up the alley for our run! He was a little more angled for the first than i prefer, but, he wrapped the barrel like never before!!!!! Then, he fired off to the second and was heading right to his pocket! YAY! then he really wrapped the second and fired off again (yup, I was lost in the saddle) and off to the third! He was on a roll! He then fires again and makes a blast for the alley!!! I was so excited, but was afraid again that we would not stop....past fear creeping up again.....yup, 1tex said that too cheeze Anyhow, i thought I was beyond the timer, but, not quite and I began to pull up. Well he ended up with a 17.106 which, if it was a 5D we would have taken 1st in the 4D!!!!! Instead we took 8th in the 3D!!! Good news is that in two weeks, we will be back in that arena and running a 3 day race (3 races) that will all be 5D!!!! YAY! TIGGER TIGGER TIGGER TIGGER TIGGER TIGGER TIGGER I guess things are looking up!

1 comment:

~The South Dakota Cowgirl~ said...

Stop pulling your horse up early!