Monday, April 7, 2008

Life Throws Me Curves and I Learn to Swerve...

Life Throws Me Curves and I Learn to Swerve.....This is a quote I wish I could call my own. Today has brought on yet another challenge. Somehow, it all worked out just fine...This weekend brought on many challenges as well. Lets start there.....
So, Jeff and I headed up to Henderson with Gabe and the Horse Trailer to make the dressing room into a weekend package.....Simple enough right? Well, Of course me and Lisa wanted to hit the barrel race in Marshall on Saturday night as well. So, Friday I spent most of the day listening to Jeff getting grumpy due to lack of food. Finally we got a list together and went to town to buy over $700 worth of supplies from plywood to celling board....Of course the Lowes Card did not work cause he did not pay the bill on time, so, he had to put it on his card. Next, we return to the house for the men to start working. Around midnight or so, we decided to call it a night. Now, keep in mind that Thursday night i was up until 2am unloading my trailer and packing my bags.....beer was involved, so I was just a little dehydrated. We crashed and slept in the single bed. Unaware that there was a trundle bed to make it a little bigger..LOL. SO, we get up the next morning and go at it again. Lisa and I set out to get the rest of the materials to complete the project. First stop, RV place in Longview. Of course, they had the AC and lights, but no plug. I spent $800 there and we set out to go to Tyler to get the cord and plug. On the way, a tire blew on the dually. Sigh. We changed it and kept on trucking. Got to the RV place and got the rest of the supplies. Went to HD to get the screws and such to return around 3pm. Now, the BR started at 1pm, so, with 300 peeps, we had to leave at 6pm to get there and run. Well, we got on the road and Jeff and I put $300 in the fuel tank for labor. Well, the freightliner broke down 7 times on a 60mile trip...Double sigh. Then we got there and it broke down in the drive way. By this time we were high on ether that her dad used to get the truck started. Well, we ran, no money...and no truck to pull the 40 foot trailer home with. Good thing we left Jeff in Henderson to come and save us. Around 1am, he got there with the one ton and we proceeded back to the house. Unloaded and in bed by 2:30 am. Triple Sigh. Get up Sunday morning to go back at it. Well, I did not get up till around 11am....
So, We got home around 10pm Sunday night leaving the trailer and Gabe behind because it is not even half done. Monday was the day that I was to take over the GED Department and basically tell my co-worker that things are not good and need to change, I am the boss and she is the aid....Well, this was hard for me considering in the past she had been the first to slander me when I start to change things. I was more than prepared for a screaming match and had notes, backed up by my bosses and ready to lay down the new law. Everything went smooth and I was surprised that she was happy to move down to the lab and give up the big class room to me. Wow, there I was thinking that it was gonna be a horrible day and it was really kind of nice. Maybe it was because I expected the worse and she did not buck me on my plan. We shall see if she stays on the right path, but, for now, I am at ease and ready to jump into the new responsibilities given to me! :)

1 comment:

~The South Dakota Cowgirl~ said...

I'm glad that went well.

I'm busy catching up on stuff, so I'll try to call you tomorrow. Sorry I didn't get a chance to do so today.