Wednesday, April 16, 2008

My Take On the D System For Barrel Racing.....

Thud Thud I am going to say my peace over here about the 6D stuff. Cause, I am tired of that never ending story. Basically, you have your 1D horses that are sometimes 2D horses....even 3D on a bad day. But, the D system was designed to allow more horses to compete in barrel racing.I mean really. How many horses are going to be PRCA barrel horse material? But, can they turn 3 cans pretty and fast? YUP. Might not be the fastest horse out there, but, they give their all and most of the riders give their all as well. YES we all want to be the fastest runner and we all aspire to find that one horse that will get us there.Here is the deal. We all want to do the best we can do. WE ALL want to have a fast consistent horse. Some of us are not as fast as others and the D system makes it worth while for us to keep on racing. Without the D system, there are several horses that would be deemed worthless because they are not the fastest horse out there. But, they are not worthless. They all have heart. The all want to preform for their owners. Yeah, there are some people out there who dont put enough time and effort into their sport, but, the majority of us that are not 1D runners want to gain speed, skill and be the best out there. Dont knock the D system. For once in my life I feel like there is a place out there for every barrel horse to compete.

I remember back when you had the open and the novice classes. I ran for many years in those classes always a fraction of a second poor. KICK YO BUTT I would climb the novice ladder (horse) and enter the open to fall short of the money. Now there is a chance for me to continue to climb the ladder!!!! So to all those peeps who think if you are not in the 1D you are not trying hard enough!!!!!!