Sunday, March 29, 2009

Hello!

Hey guys! Sorry I have not posted sooner. My Wrist is just now healing. I managed to sprain my wrist correcting Gabe for biting me.....So it kinda makes it hard to type! Yesterday was a hard day. We needed to load the colts to run them over to the vet for coggins test.....Well back two years ago we aquired a stock trailer that is perfect for hauling colts...BUT hubby took out the floor and began to "work" on it.....now over a year and a half after he took it apart, I finally show him WHY I needed that stock trailer in one peice about 7 months ago....Because I needed to load mares and foals to teach the foals how to load!!! Have you ever tried to load a foal in a slant trailer with rear tack????? Anyhow, we tried to get them loaded yesterday in the slant trailer. We took the slants out, but there is no place for leverage in a slant trailer!!! So I was on the rump of Dually and he was handling the head and butt rope.....Well, Dually was just being a yearling that has never been loaded...he reared and I slipped landing at his feet..........Lucky for me Dually felt me back there and he stopped and hubby stopped pulling on his face....BUT the backside of my rib cage on the right side is SORE.....I think I was kinda "stepped on". And the way I landed hit my hip and shoulder. So I am SORE. Of course its right where my bra would sit so I cant even wear one right now unless I have too. Not sure if I actually broke/cracked my ribs, but they cant fix that anyhow. It did knock the wind out of me pretty bad. Scared the shit out of me too. Once I stood up I told hubby that I was done.....he was going to get the stock trailer fixed or he was going to figure out how to load them by himself. Since both colts are sold, I need to get the coggins pulled!! Well, i called the vet who refused to come out (5 miles down the road) to pull the coggins...Well I was crying and somehow he decided that he would drive over and pull blood for me. THANK GOD. We went ahead and pulled coggins on 5 horses. I figured that since I am sure we were gonna have to pay a farm call, may as well get everyone done!!!!

So, i slept. I slept yesterday away and this morning......When I hurt, sleep seems to come easy. I think my body wants to heal. But today I went and got stuff to make Jeff some more Chocolate Chip Cookies.....He loves them! So I made some more from scratch then I did a few loads of laundry and cleaned out the mouse terd cabinet...YUCK.....I think the mouse is DEAD so I had to pull everything out of the cabinet and clorox it all!!! YUCK!!!! Still working on that but its kinda hard when you cant really reach for anything....

1 comment:

Bobby said...

wow what a day and a week and month!!!!!!! whats the latest on the truck?