Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I am Here!

OK, sorry for no updates. A lot has been going on. First of all, Hick is back at our house. I sold him to my farrier in exchange for services....and that was all of 3 months ago. Well, I heard that Hick was being starved down....they were right. So we went and picked him up after I told my farrier (now ex-farrier) that someone was interested in him and I was coming to get him. He had mentioned sell him to pay us off.....I loaded Hick up and never looked my farrier in the eye. He did not make any excuses. I did not give him the chance because I was going to kick his ass. Anyhow, Hick is home Here is a before and after pic...



Yeah I am pissed. But I did what I could and got him home. Basically he was rode HARD and not given any groceries. Only grass and a round bale...and not de-wormed either. I rode him yesterday and on one hand, he was way better than before...no more buck no more rear....BUT he was OFF. I know his back needs to be adjusted and it seems he is sore on his hocks. I will get him fixed up in due time.

Joe is doing GREAT! I worked him yesterday too and WOW. We warmed up then I put the little lite hack on him and climbed on. I was trotting him around the round pen and decided to ask him to zig and zag....OMG that horse can flat out MOVE! I asked him to turn into the fence a few times too and I got to tell you that I almost lost my seat! THEN he asked me if we could do it at a lope...he likes to gain speed going into his turns! I love it! So we started doing it at the lope and he got faster and turned harder! Thank God for the saddle horn! LMAO. Anyhow, Joe is not for sale anymore. We are almost over our little issues and I am in love with the way he moves!!!

Health update.....Jeff has strep and guess what. Now I have fever, a rash and sore throat...Hmmm. Jeff has been in bed since Friday. I bet I am SICK...GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR I would say that I will go to the doc tomorrow, but my co-worker left town and I have to work...SO....Anyhow, Jeff is going. He has that rash ALL over. Be aware folks, this strep is spreading like wild fire!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rachel,

So sorry to hear about all this stuff, but glad you got your horse back.

Which is the before pic? Is it the one with the scars on the flank? What am I looking for? Hick does look skinnier in the first pick. Can you tell I know nothing about horses?

Good that Joe is turning out okay.

Oh, no, I hope you and Jeff are not sick at the same time. You two are in our prayers and thoughts.

Please don't worry about blogging right now.

Take care of Jeff, Rachel and horses first.

Get Well Soon, we miss you and your smile.

Sincerely,
Garlic Man

Rachael said...

If you click on the picture, you can see the whole thing! The first is the after and the second is the before!

Anonymous said...

Thanks!

Garlic Man