Monday, March 30, 2009

Oh Yeah, My Truck...

OK, so my truck was sick. See if it was below 60 Degrees and had to sit more than 4 hours with out running the engine (like when you are sleeping) It would not start with out at least one hour of the engine block heater being plugged in. Well folks, that will leave ya stranded at a barrel race, work or even at home if you cant plug it in!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! Well finally I talked hubby into putting it into the shop...UGH, it was very broke. My Lift Pump which brings the fuel from the tank to the injectors, and my injector pump were toast. Well, i cant say toast, but not good. Anyhow, they told us that changing the lift pump "MIGHT" fix it....$600 later...nope. Then they say changing the Injector pump "MIGHT" fix it....for $2500....OK, when they said that, I said DONT TOUCH IT, I AM PICKING BLACK UP!!!! Well, when I got there, they went to cranking the starter....for 10 minutes....GRRRRRRRRRR!!!! I was soooo mad! Then it did start and I was going to go to walmart....I saw might light on and I was still in the parking lot of the dealership...it was the check engine light that was NEVER on...Well he turned it off to clear the code and she did not want to start back up again...I was PISSED cause it was 80 degrees out and I did not have the issues 5 days earlier when I dropped her off!!! So I was on a mission...to either find a way to fix Black for less or to find another truck. WOW...what a stressful week!!!
After all the stress and deciding that I needed Black fixed and could not or did not want another truck, the dealership called......and said...... "Mrs. Myers, this is the service manager at Weaver Brothers. I was on vacation when your truck was in here....and I heard that you were not happy when you left.....well, I can fix your truck but the only way this will work is if you bring the truck back to ME and let me fix it...." Me.. "OK, how much?" Him... "well ma'am,we can change the injector pump and since you have not paid for the lift pump we installed already, we will only charge $500 total for both pumps and can have it ready for you tomorrow if you get it here today!"

Folks, i would be a damn fool not to jump on this! So I did and they had her fixed by lunch the next day! She now cranks right off! It got down in the 30's Saturday and she fired up with out being plugged in!!! OMG I was/am so happy!

2 comments:

~The South Dakota Cowgirl~ said...

I am really glad that you got it fixed. Those lift pumps and injector pumps can be expensive to replace!

Bobby said...

is soo happy toooo!!!!