Friday, December 28, 2018

New Year, New Me?

I am not really big on New Year's Resolutions. I don't set my goals based on the past. Not really. And another year gone actually makes me sad. I know a lot of folks are like "so glad 2018 is over" but that is not me. SO much has happened in 2018! I was able to get my eyes fixed so I dont really need glasses yet..... still waiting on them to settle to see if I do need reading glasses but so far, so good. I was able to get my pesky pain fixed in my abdomen. I figured out why Goose was having issues and how to help him! I found a new friend to help me with Goose as well! I won two saddles! Lynx pulled a few big checks and won another buckle! We got a new horse, sold that horse, and some how managed to borrow another horse that is hanging out in my pasture for my kid to ride! He will also be used for lessons! I somehow managed to get two new saddles, one for Goose and one for Lynx. I also used my winning saddle certificate to get my husband a new saddle. ALL of this was done with winnings and hard work! I have been blessed with success this year. I may not have been at the top of my game but I was still successful! So why would I be ready to kick 2018 in the butt? Another thing that happened this year is my son upped his game in Baseball! He played coach pitch this year! No more t-ball! He was also on a great soccer team! He is learning so much in 2nd grade and ended 1st grade with all A's. He learned cursive in the first week of 2nd grade and now he prefers cursive over print! He went hunting with his Dad in January and they killed a nice buck! This hunting season, we have one more buck for the freezer and they are off to hunt together again. This was a year for "firsts". Goose was entered in his FIRST barrel race! About time! I know! He is doing so good! SO back to 2019. I don't desire a set of goals for the year. Nope....I have to count my blessings and I look forward to all that God has planned for me in the next year. There will be ups and downs as usual. There will be crazy weird stuff. But, first and foremost, there will be a new year of blessings and I am sure more "firsts" for us all. I am looking forward to running Goose in 2019. I am looking forward to Kolton riding Ralph in 2019. I am looking forward to my husband riding more in 2019 in his new saddle! I want my business to grow. I am looking for another product line to sell but honestly, I just don't see many things out there that I want to push. Instead, I think I will continue to teach lessons and see if I can pick up a few more students. I think I will try my best to make more runs on Lynx and Goose. I think I will be able to do a little more for my body like even just walking more! Oh and I got a new fancy camera!!! SO guess what? I think I will start taking photos and seeing where that will take me! I have always had a passion for photography! Perhaps I can take professional equine photos and pick up some clients. I am really good at sales photos....who knows? The door is wide open for life. We have so much life to live and I don't want to be negative about the past year. I want to cherish every good, bad and weird moment of the year! Bring it on 2019! I am so blessed to be alive and have my family! I am so blessed to have my horses, dogs and even those dang cats! So instead of resolutions...I am going to welcome 2019 with open arms and pray for more blessings! I am going to count my blessings each morning and each night! I am going to find the positive in everything I get to do! One foot in front of the other y'all!

No comments: