Tuesday, January 23, 2024

It's Happening...

 Yup, it's happening! I'm getting older! Next Tuesday I will be 45 🫣! Honestly, I don't feel that old and I don't feel like I look that old. However, having two hip surgeries in 2023 is really putting a hamper on my activities! So much to do, no way to get it done!

After my first hip surgery in 2013, after 14 weeks, I was back to riding and after about 20 weeks, I was pain free. My second hip surgery was after hitting the ground off of my young horse when I decided to teach him about spurs with some liquid courage. Needless to say, I didn't bounce. So I had surgery July 24, 2023. I was doing pretty good. They used cadaver tissue to create a new joint seal and I was non-weight bearing for 6 weeks. Well, week 7 I was cleaning and filling water troughs. I slipped in the mud and had to take an ambulance to the ER. I knew I messed it up. It took them a while to figure it out but they did. I ripped open the laparoscopic holes used for the July surgery to create one big hole in the outer socket. Surgery was done on 12/20/2023. This one is a bit harder to come back from due to the incision sight location. I have basically become a sloth. Pain meds don't do much for me. I took them for two weeks and then just put them away. My skin and muscles hurt to the touch. I wonder when I will be able to wear actual pants again 🤷🏼‍♀️? As of now, I'm a sweat pants gal!

In the past except 2022, 2023 I have gone barrel racing on my birthday. This year, I won't even be able to ride. 😕 But, in time, I will heal and I will be back in the saddle! I'm only going to be 45! I can bounce back... I think! God has a plan! I honestly don't think God would have given me the desire to ride if I was not meant to ride. I really wish they would let me do PT. Sadly, they won't. I have been doing PT at home (from memory) to keep my leg moving. At least I got rid of my pain in my ass! Now it's mostly on the side and top of my hip. I cannot wait to get to soak in my tub, drive, be more mobile and ride. However, I now realize I won't be able to play in the mud for at least 7 more weeks! It's flooded here! My sweet hubby has been pulling all my weight. 

For my 45th birthday, I don't know what I really want. I'm thinking Whiskey, my five year old gelding, will be more suited for cow work. I really would love a set of chaps, a cutting saddle and a new cowboy hat. Will I get those things? Probably not 😆 because that is a lot of money! I will get to go with my friend down to the Galveston area for a dog event and take my dog! That will be fun! She had always gone with me to the races, especially on my birthday weekend. It will be cool to spend her and my birthday together doing a sport she loves! Maybe my hubby will give me money to eat my weight in seafood! 

Anyhow, it's happening and you can't stop time! 2024 is going to be eventful. I just pray I can keep my body in one piece! 

No comments: